Thursday, August 29, 2013

The Lord's Song




               He it was who formed the mountains, created the wind, 
                 reveals his mind to man, makes both dawn and dark, 
               and walks on the top of the heights of the world; 
                 the Lord, the God of Hosts, is his name.  Amos 4:13


                                                                               Google Images


What is this melody of leaf 
I hold?
Lit citron 
veins of scarlet-
silken sheen

fallen through what’s lost 
beyond the blazing
piping 
of the trees: 

where the worn-heavy
heart
slowly begins to dance
as starlight
to long coming 
night,
as the luscious 
green-bright stepping
into spring,

as autumn's
turning minions strain
reckless tunes
of love,
falling from the long 
and vast song
of you.







6 comments:

  1. "Falling from the song of You." Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cynthia, I am always impressed by your ability to carry a single metaphor through the length of a poem: "melody" "dance" "turning" "strain" "tunes" "song". Your carefulness is evident. "brilliant reckless tunes of love" is such an interesting phrase -- I keep coming back to it over and over. In fact, it makes me wonder if there is more packed in there than I, in my ignorance, can uncover. Would you indulge me in an explaination/discussion of that particular phrase and/or the poem as a whole?

    ReplyDelete
  3. In the midst of dying, diminishing, autumn, there are colors that sing in their beauty: in a "leaf I hold", in the "minion" in the heart beginning to dance to, as I feel it/see it "reckless tunes"-- there is such a ruckus of music in this incredible season--in this incredible song of love being sung by our creator through His creations in a bag "piping" sort of way! Hope this helps. Thanks for your insightful consideration of this poem and kind comments! God Bless...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, a bag pipping sort of way(!) That does help! The changes and colors of the season are so vibrant and all-encompassing as to create cacophanies of sound. Lovely... many blessings to you, my dear. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, this is gorgeous! I love this! Cynthia, thank you for bringing fall to life, dancing before my eyes. You share so beautifully this wonderful gift God has given you. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Patricia. I am so excited for this season..couldn't wait to write about all the beauty given...our Lord is so lavish! God bless you enjoy the coming in of autumn...

      Delete