Thursday, September 26, 2013

Wonderment

Thus says the Lord:
With heaven my throne
and earth my footstool,
what house could you build me,
what place could you make for my rest?
All of this was made by my hand
and all this is mine – it is the Lord who speaks.
                                                        Isaiah 66:1





I do not know the meaning
 of the light’s stammering, 
brattle-bristling
speaking
through the cloud-flocked 
fields of September,

or what hues of shifting heart,
where all things begin to move
    in wonderment, comes forth, into 
   this incomprehensible love
 rippling the poetry
 of You,

softly orating 
the verses of morning
unfurling 
 the autumn’s 
buckling-
beautiful,

swaying into 
the fathomless dark 
 arms of the earth,
spinning 
and holding 
still,

this serenade
of You.






 

2 comments:

  1. Ive been thinking of wonder also... i watch my littlest one and his surprise and awe...Thank you for bringing wonder to our eyes again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Amy! There is so much to wonder at!! Our Lord is wonderful...

    ReplyDelete