Friday, September 27, 2013

Dust Into Flames

In ancient times God spoke to us
Through prophets, and in varied ways,
But now he speaks through Christ his Son,
His radiance through eternal days.
To God the Father of the world,
His Son through whom he made all things,
And Holy Spirit, bond of love,
All glad creation glory sings.


                           Universalis Hymn Stanbrook Abbey Hymnal




                                                                                                               Google Images 



                                                     You cannot be grasped.
                                                     You enter all facets of closing
                                                     The myriad doors hinge.

                                                     You brush by 
                                                     Trailing
                                                     Your blinding 
                                                     Brilliance                                                                                                                                              Through the moors 
                                                     Of our exile:
                                                     Our hearts’ vast dark.

                                                     You are 
                                                     The bristling presence                                                                                                                         Illuminating all forms 
                                                     You sustain
                                                     In your love
                                                     Stooping down

                                                     Stirring this dust
                                                     Into flames.









6 comments:

  1. "Stirring this dust into flames"...and how we should all be burning! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!!! Thank you Anne! That we would be on fire for our Lord....

      Delete
  2. Cynthia,

    You have inspired me to read a book on writing poetry. So far I have only made it as far as the chapter on meter but I've made a start! I've been thinking about the structure of lines and where the accent falls. Just doing this has opened the door of poetry just a crack for me. When I'm writing prose I do tend to think about the lengths of sentences and how they sound. I am continually changing words as I polish up a piece. Now I don't think for a moment I have your talent and imagination, but the idea of writing a few lines of poetry doesn't seem quite as impossible as I used to think! Onto the next chapter!

    I'm sitting here reading your words out aloud. I love the way they trip off the tongue! And all those 'b' sounds!

    God bless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue for your lovely comment!! It is so wonderful that you are reading a book on writing poetry. Yes, the structure of lines and accent are so important. I really just place them by rhythm and sound/where I want a slight pause or a stronger on. I think speaking the lines helps to get a feel for the elements and structures of the music. We are singing aren't we!!? I just try to say the poem, the feeling and what it's like and nothing more. I really don't know what I do to be honest. I am looking forward to what you may write!! And to your next short film clip!!! Loved them...God Bless and enjoy the day...

      Delete
    2. Cynthia,

      Singing? Oh yes!

      You said, "I really don't know what I do to be honest." I suspect you just follow the prompting of the Holy Spirit. I think I can only learn so much about poetry from a book. The rest depends on inspiration. I can see you spend a lot of time praying and thinking. It comes out in your words.

      Thank you for your kind words about my writing and videos. The movies have been a lot of fun to put together. I'm pleased you had time to share them.

      God bless you!

      Delete
    3. Thank you and you are welcome. It is all the Lord's doing....we can do nothing but what He wills....

      Delete