Monday, August 26, 2013

Apprentice Of His Light

Jesus spoke to them again, saying,
“I am the light of the world.  
Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, 
But will have the light of life.”
                                                       John 8:12
                                                             
              



                                                   I am a student of light.
                                                   When the day is casting 
                                                   through the gauzy clouds

                                                   and the steady 
                                                   spectrum is infusing
                                                   iridescence

                                                   over the myriad green,
                                                   and what is turning
                                                   away

                                                   from the supple-
                                                   sheen, bramble 
                                                   of summer;

                                                   I pray I am able to see,
                                                   out of my darkness, 
                                                   the outstretching

                                                   lengths of light,
                                                   the even reclining
                                                   of God

                                                   over all,
                                                   in all,
                                                   then

                                                   to become 
                                                   an apprentice 
                                                   of His light,

                                                   in waves 
                                                   way beyond
                                                   the violet 

                                                   and visible.









3 comments:

  1. Cynthia,

    I have been meaning to stop by and say hello. I first saw a link to your blog, shared by Nancy on FB. I am sure we have passed by each other on Patricia's blog too!

    I have been reading your poems, soaking up the images, enjoying your words. I love poetry but have never written any. I would love to have your talent, to be able to express my thoughts and feelings in such a beautiful way with each word chosen carefully.

    God bless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sue Elvis! I am so glad you stopped by all the way from Australia. Yes we have been passing by for a while and it is so good to meet up with you. I read your blog too and it is wonderful. I love the depth and honesty and and humor and beauty there. The titles for your entries are wonderful and funny too. I will be over soon. Thanks again and for leaving such a generous and kind comment. God Bless You and your family and amazing blog!!!

      Delete
    2. Cynthia,

      It's such a delightful surprise to hear you read my blog. Thank you! Your words are very kind and have made me smile. Post titles? I try to make them sound interesting so readers will at least start reading my posts!

      God bless!

      Delete