Friday, March 16, 2012

Reconciliation



Friday of the Third Week of Lent



Praise and honor to you, Lord Jesus!
Repent, says the Lord,
for the kingdom of heaven is close at hand.                                       
Praise and honor to you, Lord Jesus!                                          
                                              Matthew 4:17


 

Oh, reconciliation.  What joy to be in a state of grace.  Leaving in the confessional what belongs in the confessional.  I can hardly believe the gift of our Lord God’s infinite mercy.

Much of a spiritual life can be wasted by diversions of sin, entertainments and superficiality. We are in this Lenten desert diminishing to grow in Christ; to be called out of the world and into His way of being. To change our minds and attitudes and seeing so we don’t miss the person of Jesus, God come to earth, in the eyes of the other; in the opportunities to love presenting themselves however flamboyantly or softly.  May I pay attention and hear the call to confession so our Lord may reign in me and not my turning from Him in a myriad, ugly ways.

Jesus asks all of us, “What do you want me to do for you?” and all I want is to offer some token of penance that you have no need of, but I pray will be pleasing as are all the first dandelions of spring held out from my daughter’s hands for my heart’s delight. 





No comments:

Post a Comment