Monday, March 19, 2012

On The Roiling Sea

Monday of the Fourth Week of Lent


“Lord, if it’s you,” Peter replied, “tell me to come to you on the water.” 
                                                     Matthew 14:28




The first storm of the season rumbling through the night;  flickering through deep dreaming and deeper sleep a brief brightness.  Jesus says, “I am the light of the world.”  He belongs to what is above. “If you do not believe that I Am, you will die in your sins.”  Lord, you force a choice, a narrow gate to pass through, a cross to bear.  The fierce challenge of your gospel piercing us; are we with you or against you?  Apostle Peter asks for all of us “ To whom would we turn?”  The world is a riotous sea full of wind and wild waves.  Yet, there you stand in peace on this storm calling.  Oh, may I step out of this boat onto the roiling darkness. May I keep my gaze on you and not look down.  Soul of Christ, draw me near that I may serve you and praise you in all this passing diminishing with the blazing of infinity in its' wake.  Christ have infinite mercy on me, a sinner, who comes before you poor and desperate, in a fractured vessel sinking.






No comments:

Post a Comment