Tuesday, February 28, 2012

The Word Of The Lord

Tuesday of the 1st Week of Lent
Thus says the Lord: ‘As the rain and the snow come down from the heavens and do not return without watering the earth, making it yield and giving growth to provide seed for the sower and bread for the eating, so the word that goes from my mouth does not return to me empty, without carrying out my will and succeeding in what it was sent to do.'
                                                                                 Isaiah 55:10-11


Praise and honor to you, Lord Jesus!
Man does not live on bread alone,
but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.
Praise and honor to you, Lord Jesus!
                                                                            Matthew 4:4 




More ice over scarlet branches.  The snow remains, being so deep like Christ’s Love for us despite the varied and multitudinous fires of our sinfulness.  There are matters of the world pressing down on me this morning.  Debts and bills and the making of money always lashing out it seems.  How clearly I am beginning to see the illusions of the world and the desirous chasing of them.  How I long to be free of this wrong living, wrong priority, being of the world too deeply.  I labor with my hands to make a living and spend too much to keep it.  I must scale down.  I must give more.  I must become the seed sheath breaking open to the rain and snow of God’s word falling down into the turned soil of my soul, to fill with His insight and wisdom. To know the foundation of the world is the Word of God is to discern the ways of the world by His sacred Word and not become the world judging God’s Word, the basis of all reality.

Oh, to begin each day standing beneath the sky of our Lord’s voice breaking over us, raining down His incomprehensible love; music from the spheres of His sacred heart. I will listen for the song of God in the silence and infusions of my prayers.  I will begin, though late, my journey of self denial to gain higher spiritual energy so to serve better.  To die to self in order to live in Christ: a tall order, but a necessary and vital pruning as I watch, in the first light, ice sheathing the red-twig dogwoods’ wild lament; the color of blood against the snow.






No comments:

Post a Comment