Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Prayer At First Light


 "...we hold this treasure in earthen vessels, that the surpassing power
may be of God and not from us."
                                                       2 Corinthians 4:7




The light again at dawn, just for opening our eyes.  Crawled into bed with my little daughter to wake her up.  What skin, from what petaled realm warms her sleeping?  I hadn't the heart to reel her in from deep dreaming. I stroked her spun-gold hair and forehead; kissed her cheek and rubbed her arm that was sticking out from the covers.  She gradually came to but couldn’t open her eyes just yet, saying "I love you mom, I'm so glad you're my mother."  Oh, how I will miss this small child, she is my last and slipping away too quickly.  Warrior Angels please hover long over my children all throughout their lives!  Oh Lord, how to raise these most treasured gifts up for you.  Please help me.



No comments:

Post a Comment