Monday, September 26, 2011

Night Light



For the Lamb at the center of the throne will be their shepherd; ‘he will lead them to springs of living water.’ ‘And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes.’"

                                                                                                               Revelation 7:17




Awoke to a nightmare last night that really made me cry
and get out of bed for a few hours.
In it I was holding my daughter so tightly
saying “But did I take you to the spring?
Oh I hope I took you to the spring!” as she was being pulled from my arms
to be taken away to prison for a crime she didn’t do.
I had to really shake this grief that welled up in me,
this deep regret and being too late.
I walked around and around the sleeping house in the night-light praying
Compline and the Rosary,
then climbed into her bed holding the spun silk of her close.
She smiled as I bent down to kiss her cheek.
"What time is it?" she asked.
I said, “it’s the middle of the night” and she replied, “so we have a lot more hours.
I love you.”









No comments:

Post a Comment