Sunday, May 10, 2015

For My Children On Mother's Day

My dear people,
let us love one another
since love comes from God
and everyone who loves is begotten by God and knows God.
                                                                                                         1 John 4:7



From beyond the starry arms of night,
beyond any kind of measured place,
you each came to be in me
the echo of divinity
stitched in lavish grace:
long-unfolding bolt of beauty,
weave of heaven's brimming 
I wrap around my heart forever.

For what I first heard then
of the celestial music of miracles
pulsing through the songs of you, 
still sounds over these 
soul-bright tides
carrying us out 
into deeper waters of love
and birthing light.











2 comments:

  1. This is fantastic, Cynthia. The simplicity of the two sentences and two stanzas and sweet rhyme belies the complexity of the metaphors and the experience. I love being able to peak inside your soul's emotions through these poems...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Amy...you make me smile...I can see you peeking into souls! So dear!! So creative!! Thank you friend....always...

    ReplyDelete