Monday, December 15, 2014

Hail Mary

"‘The Holy Spirit will come upon you’ the angel answered ‘and the power of the Most High will cover you with its shadow. And so the child will be holy and will be called Son of God.'"
                                                                                                                        Luke 1:35


What comes is the holy
will of God
we turn toward or away
in our willful multitudes.

Rather, we would open 
like a desert rose
receiving light
 from descending light.

May we give our "yes" 
to You
as Mary now and long ago,
allowing herself to be carried

into the impossible;
shining her faith 
like a lamp of grace
into Your will.

Even now, she opens and blooms
in the harshest lands of our hearts,
so far from Eden,
so far from You.








6 comments:

  1. Oh Cynthia, I'm sure there are many times when I declared one poem or another of yours to be my favorite, but believe me when I tell you now that this one surpasses them all for me. How I love the Blessed Mother and you captured her so perfectly! This caught my breath: "shining her faith like a lamp of grace into the overshadowing of His will." Isn't that just so right? This poem is a delight! Thank you for sharing your poetic soul! I'm so blessed to be a recipient of your writings! Happy Advent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you friend for your kind and encouraging support on this writing journey! So grateful for you and our beautiful Mother for her "yes" and Christ's incarnation. She is full of grace....Happy Advent to you too!!! Enjoy...

      Delete
  2. Love this post, Cindy -- the all-emcompassing yes! Yes to the past, Yes to the present, Yes to the future -- if only we would all be so willing! Love and Light, friend...

    ReplyDelete
  3. ".. so far from Eden in our harsh lands..." This is a treasure. Again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Cynthia,

    I just came upon your blog and have been so blessed to have read such beautiful words. The Lord has given you such creativity.

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sue! I am so touched by your kind words...and so glad you stopped by. I will be going over to your blog soon! So fun to meet new writers on this journey of faith...God Bless...

      Delete