Saturday, June 1, 2013

Stream Of Light


 I am the light of the world, says the Lord;
whoever follows me will have the light of life.
                                                                                                                   John 8:12





                                                                                                      Photos by C.Scodova




The yellow irises
have joined
me on the porch.

They swagger in breezes on the table
as I lean forward and back
on my old rocker.

They do not keep quiet.

They speak easily
and noisily

telling stories of beauty
blazing open universes
like our Lord,

as their voices,
trembling,
enter the stream of light

smoothing over
the rough jags
of our hearts

into bright
lemony
blossoms
surfacing

before taking flight.









No comments:

Post a Comment