Sunday, April 15, 2012

Tender Mercy

 Divine Mercy Sunday (Second Sunday of Easter)


God loved us with so much love that he was generous with his mercy: when we were dead through our sins, he brought us to life with Christ – it is through grace that you have been saved – and raised us up with him and gave us a place with him in heaven, in Christ Jesus.

                                                                                                                 Ephesians 2:4-6




Divine Mercy Sunday brightens the message so long ago shed by our Lord showing infinite mercy from His cross and in each Eucharist throughout the ages and presently. I know of no other mercy like this astounding love poured out for all of us in whatever degree of sin.  I wake to this awareness of how I am to lay down my self to make way for the other in the details of my days and nights.   This gradual surrendering to mercy and picking up the other like my child crying from his crib in the deep night, bringing his softness close to my skin, breathing in his curls of light pressing  against my face.  I go to him from my exhaustion and my love, swaying him slightly, my heart beating with his breathing until the ill feeling begins departing, the panic passing, the gradual giving in to sleep:  releasing all that is a part of this world, this realm, this small hand around the edge of a silken blanket.

May we swing low to tenderly pick one another up, to gently sway in our staggering darkness.









No comments:

Post a Comment