Wednesday, March 21, 2012

A Blessing


Wednesday of the Fourth Week of Lent


O Lord, you have given everything its place in the world, and no one can make it otherwise.  For it is your creation, the heavens and the earth and the stars: you are the Lord of all.                                                                                Esther 13:9-11


The sunshine slanting over the world again.  Walking through the pasture I felt heat radiating my dark foot falls and long gray steps of the rain and cold. The songs of birds I know, and those I do not, rain a color all their own over my clumsy pacing around the labyrinth ground:  as prayer becomes my breathing and my breathing 
a blaze of blessing 
twining 
the blush of light green unfurling 
toward the far flung stars
still singing.






No comments:

Post a Comment