Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Between Worlds




Yesterday was my daughter Maya's Birthday.


I gave her breakfast in bed,

carrying in a tray holding orange juice and toast cut in half with cream cheese spread over,
lit candles stuck into them beside a canning jar filled with red geraniums and purple petunias.

I walked into her room and woke her with the candlelight

brightening her expressions coming from the far places of dreams.
She stayed in both worlds for the blowing out of the little flames then recognized the gift
and took a bite of the toast.

Her 12th birthday and I am so thankful

I was able to see her when she first gazed into the light years ago;
still conversing with angels, reaching up at hosts and looking beyond.

Thank you, God, for the gift of my beautiful daughter,

may I return to you what you possess,
may I guide her toward you always.







No comments:

Post a Comment