Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Opening Fists







The first light of Autumn fingering the fields and trees, pulling day over us.

The sap falling back to feed the trees the long winter. 

I am so thankful the Eucharist is daily and we don’t have to wait to receive Jesus but once a year.  I would not grow or leaf out if that were so. We need him like the green the sunlight, the roots the sap.  Such an effortless act to go to Mass and there the gift of the Lord offering himself so freely, so tenderly like this first light I awake to each morning. In my awakening I feel the incredible being of gift, of God’s ongoing and entire giving to us.  It’s all you need to know; to become the giving more and more with each moment in our incredible and divine lives, to give as Jesus taught; as God has tried through the centuries and presently to crack open our marbled hearts, our slowly opening fists.








No comments:

Post a Comment